We are hiring!
Position: Commercial Gallery Preparator / Technician
Address: 730 11th Ave SW Calgary AB T2R 0E4
Terms: 32 hours per week
Wage: Determined Upon Experience
Newzones is hiring a Preparator / Technician. We are looking for a candidate who loves the Visual Arts, is organized, efficient and detail-oriented. The Preparator / Technician has to have a TON of energy, loves to be on the go (no sitting time 😊), is able to work independently and contribute positively to the Newzones team. The position involves—but is not limited to—installing and striking exhibitions, crating and shipping artwork, gallery maintenance, artwork documentation, and programming-related communications.
Successful candidates will:
- Possess a degree in Art or Museum Studies
- Have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Have a broad understanding of Canadian contemporary art and contemporary issues relevant to the visual arts
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, and communication skills
- Be competent in Microsoft programs + use of a PC
- Have practical knowledge of digital photography
- Be confident with use of power tools and ladders
Duties include but not limited to:
- Installation and striking of artwork / Handling of artwork
- Inventory Control
- Daily maintenance of gallery (inside and out): cleaning of surfaces, floors etc.
- Handling and unpacking of artwork while ensuring the safety and security of artwork at all times
- Crating and packaging of artwork
- Working independently as well as part of a team
- Gaining comprehensive knowledge of gallery artists to interact with visitors
Application Deadline: October 7, 2021. Please forward cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Position start date to be October 15, 2021
Note: If you are not looking for full-time work but feel you would be a successful candidate, Newzones would consider part-time or a contract based individual.